Saturday, April 12, 2014

“Spiritual Lessons from Hard Times” - by Hans Christian King Spiritual Radio Show transcription

“Spiritual Lessons from Hard Times” - by Hans Christian King 
Spiritual Radio Show transcription

GUIDANCE FOR YOUR LIFE Radio Show
with Hans Christian King www.HansKing.com
and Alfred Ricci www.AlfredRicci.com
Topic: Spiritual Lessons from Hard Times
April 12, 2014



Alfred:
Hello Everyone and Welcome to GUIDANCE FOR YOUR LIFE. This is Alfred, The Padawan Learner to The Modern Day Mystic, who is right next to me. We have a couple of announcements before we jump into the topic for today. First of all, Thank You Everyone for sending in your Topics. Today's topic: "Spiritual Lessons from Difficult Times" was sent in to us by Phyllis in New Jersey. If you'd like to send in your suggested Topic, you can go to our Facebook Page - Hans Christian King at Facebook, and look for the posting that says: “Send us your Show Topics”. If we use your Show Topic, we'll not only use that, but also address any personal issue that you're dealing with. Of course our Spiritual Circle Members can submit their Show Topics through the "Member Area". And we'll be looking for those to fill in the next few months. Of course we have lots of topics that we have ourselves, and we're looking for situations that you, the listeners, our members, are actually going through yourselves to "make things interesting". So please, send in your topics. For the topic for today: "Spiritual Lessons from Difficult Times", I present to you The Modern Day Mystic himself, Hans Christian King.

Hans:
Hello Everyone. Welcome on-board, welcome to the Show. It's a beautiful day today and I hope wherever you are it is also a beautiful day. Well I like to think that a beautiful day is when you wake up and you have options and choices. I think this is a very, very good topic that was sent in to us - "Spiritual Lessons from Difficult Times". You know folks, sometimes we really can learn from hard times. Sometimes when we're going through our worst crisis, or our hardest times, and we think: I don't think I can get through this. This isn't anything that I thought would ever happen to me. I thought we were going to be together forever. I've lost my house, and God love me, how could that have happened? I was let go, I thought I was doing a good job. All of these hardships that come to everyone in life...certainly everyone who I feel came here to grow...came onto this planet to grow... But we can learn from these times. You know Alfred, many times we ask for the experience of difficult situations to grow our souls. You certainly did. 

Alfred:
Yes and that's what's really hard for a lot of people to understand is - when we were planning our life on The Other Side, we decided, okay, maybe last life was a little too easy. And we wanted something a little more challenging. Now this really isn't that different than the way some of us behave here on Earth. To say: Well, I hiked up a hill. Well maybe I'll hike up a larger hill. Well maybe it turns into a part-time hobby of mountain climbing and there's always a higher mountain to climb. So you can see how those of us who are say driven, spiritual speaking, may have had previous lives where say we climbed a medium sized mountain or a larger mountain and we decided: Heck, let's just go for it - let's climb Mount Everest this lifetime. And you wonder - where did all these difficult times come from? Did I really ask for them? How does that sit with you, Hans?

Hans:
Sits with me very well because it is absolutely spiritual truth. We do ask for the lessons to be presented to us. One of the great lessons of spiritual awareness is "de-tachment". In other words...this is a tough one...not to believe that what is going on around you is about you, has anything to do with you as a Spirit - only a lesson you may have chose. Now you can say: Well, my mother never loved me. Or my father hated me... But remember something: We choose our parents for the value of that lesson. Now Alfred, you went through quite a lot of growth experiences with your parents. Did you notice that things got better when you tended to not be a victim of it anymore?

Alfred:
Yes and that's a really good example of "a higher mountain", that we, as older souls, wanted to climb. By far, the majority of 80 or 90% of our clients Hans, have had shall we say - “interesting childhoods”?

Hans:
Yes. That's the term you like to use with your childhood. "Interesting"...

Alfred:
Yes, it was "interesting". Most of our old soul clients have had difficult childhoods. And you ask: Okay, why would you? Because you're presented with an enormous amount of lessons early on in life so that you have the opportunity to overcome those lessons and learn from those lessons so that you can begin your service at an earlier time. Okay? And that's the whole purpose of being presented with difficult times is by overcoming them you may realize things like: There is nothing wrong. I am everything I need. I am perfect just the way that I am. By overcoming things such as rejection...nobody recognizing you...you being the black sheep of the family...by wondering "who are these people"? You realize that you yourself are everything you need. You with your connection to God, your soul, Spirit, is everything you need. And it's a lot easier to find that spiritual path once you overcome lessons, for example, presented to you through a difficult childhood.

Hans:
Very good. Because once you de-tach from the victimization that you have gone through and you sit quietly and you say: You know, I now realize this isn't about me. This is a lesson I chose for my soul's growth. So what these people are saying, what's going on around me, has nothing to do with me. This situation was simply presented to me that I might rise above it and be better than being a victim of what somebody else, or what some situation may have designated to happen to me. I'm better than that. This is when we come back to you and say: Not my problem. And if you learn to say that kids, whenever something really hits you hard... I'm going to make something up here. Let's say somebody that you've been going with for a couple of months, maybe six months, maybe even a year  says: You know this really isn't working for me. Just turn to them and say: Thank you for all I've learned in this relationship. It's been a blessing. Thank you for being a teacher for me. And at that moment, don't become a victim because you asked that person to be there for that lesson. And sometimes we pick many different people who agree to be there for whatever lesson we're choosing. What is the most common lesson for old souls? You all remember that - self-esteem. The value of our own soul. All people who serve, all old souls have this one major lesson. But there is some good news. Most old souls are born with Karmic Credit. So somehow they will always get through. Alright? But you lose your way, you loose your battle my friends when as if in the relationship thing we just talked about, when you begin to sink into despair. When you find that there is this horrible, hollow pain in your heart. Rather than do that, turn and celebrate the good times of that relationship. Now I know I'm asking a lot. And I know it sounds like Polly Anna but it's true. This relationship never made you and it will not break you. It was for a purpose, in the moment, in the time that it was designated for. Alfred, have you ever had those kinds of relationships - could be a best friend - could be a partner of some kind. Have you ever had those before?

Alfred:
Yes and believe it or not sometimes the people who treat you the worst are the ones that you should be the most grateful for.

Hans:
Oh, absolutely 100% Alfred.

Alfred:
It's maybe just a perception that they're treating you bad. But in reality all they're doing is what you asked them to do - which is hold a mirror up so you can see your own behavior...

Hans:
Boy is that true...

Alfred:
And you get mad at them for pushing your buttons but the reality is - it's not their fault.

Hans:
Alfred, have you ever noticed that sometimes - it could be a parent figure - sibling - a boss - whatever...someone presses a single button for us over and over and over again?

Alfred:
And those are the people you should be grateful to. But of course your immediate reaction is to be mad at them...

Hans:
They're picking on me...

Alfred:
Yeah, they're picking on me, they're being mean to me. The spiritual lesson here is: They're showing you you have a button. And believe it or not, the majority of those people, you asked to come along at a certain time in your life to help you learn a certain lesson and they are presenting you with that lesson.

Hans:
Because Alfred, there is a plan for your life.

Alfred:
There is a plan for your life. But the majority of time you “asked” for those situations, for those people to come and help you experience something at a particular time in their life. I remember a client who said she wanted to be a teacher. She absolutely knew, down to her bones, she was going to be a teacher. And she said, Why hasn't it arisen? And I said, Okay let's talk about this for a second. I said, You've told me previously all your friends are rejecting you, all of your friends are not doing anything that you're telling them to do. Have you noticed this consistency? She said, Yes, I don't understand. Every single one of  my friends is doing the exact same thing. I said, Okay, what are the traits that you're going to need as a teacher? That you're perfect just the way you are and that you do your best but it's not up to you to save every single child. Are you comfortable with that? And she said, Oh my God, they're presenting me the lesson that I need to know so that I may become a teacher. So that is the unbelievably difficult thing to understand is that the people who are presenting you with those difficult lessons, those difficult perceived hard times, are the people that you should be the most grateful to because they're the ones who will help you grow the character of your soul. Right Hans?

Hans:
Absolutely. We've all had those people, Alfred, in our lives. Like I've said, sometimes they're family members, sometimes they're bosses, sometimes you just...when I say fall in love, you just love this new friend that's come into your life. You have so much in common. It's not a romantic thing. It's just, oh my God, someone I can finally talk to. And all of a sudden, for apparently no reason, that person starts to disappear out of your life and you go: What did I do? What happened? You didn't do anything. You didn't do anything. But you need to certainly turn and say to yourself: Boy, I was grateful that person came into my life. Actually that person helped me to look at myself. That person showed me some lessons I needed to look at. And bless them. And whenever anybody leaves you...whenever anybody says, for instance like a boss says: Well we're not exactly happy with your performance here and I'm going to have to ask you to leave. Here's your two weeks notice. Turn to them and say: Thank you and thank you for the opportunity you gave me getting this job. I did what I thought was the best that I could and I thank you for all the opportunities that have been attached to this job and I wish you well. When you do something like that, you grow your spiritual character immensely, in a matter of moments. Rather than turn and become a victim and plead for your job and say, "Well I didn't do it, so and so did". Don't do that. Spirit has a larger opportunity coming for you. You don't need to worry. They have a whole life ahead of you. You're all set-up, you're all set to go. And even folks when you get into your later years, as I am, I still wake up folks to: What's the next step? What's the next part of the journey? Where can I go with this idea? Where can I go with that idea? So I'm still waking up every day to growth. Because no one thing is sent to stop you. Learning the lesson of self-esteem, not allowing others and situations... And folks, sometimes we face unexplained challenges. Things that just appear to come out of left field. You weren't looking for it... You get a diagnosis from the doc and you go: Holy cow, where did that come from? 

Alfred:
Other ones I like to talk about are: Oh, the Earth is adjusting itself. (Alfred softly laughing) Why did this flood happen? Why did this river divert itself? Why was there a typhoon? Because we're beating on the planet and it's adjusting itself.

Hans:
And it has been doing this for 6 billion years.

Alfred:
It's not funny, but it's quite serious, because sometimes tens of thousands of people lose their lives when there's a tsunami or when there's a flood.

Hans:
Well here's what I've never really figured out Alfred. We know there are tsunamis so we build our houses at the beach. We know there are earthquakes, severe earthquakes that we build our houses on earthquake faults. We know there are severe floods in the Mid-West, but we build our house on the flood plains. And then when the tsunami, the hurricane...

Alfred:
Tornado...

Hans:
...a tornado come, we say: Oh, it's terrible. Look what's happened to me. Oh, I don't understand it. Folks, common sense...common sense. I'm living here in Playa del Carmen and I know that across the street is the Caribbean. And I know out there there are monstrous storms that come up and lay everything to waste but I make a choice anyway. So remember we do have choices.

Calfred:
And the other things is just sometimes you don't have a choice. Sometimes there's just an angry person, a mad person, who we happen to cross paths with and I get a lot of people who say: There's a reason for everything. Well unfortunately, sometimes somebody just mad says or does something stupid and we're still faced with the same situation of overcoming it. Whether it was planned or not. But one of the big parts of the topic for today has to do with Spirit, and Spirit being "with us"...

Hans:
Always...

Alfred:
...during these circumstances. What do you think Hans?

Hans:
That's the key thing. No matter how dark it gets, no matter how black it seems sometimes, remember that you are not the circumstance, Spirit has your back. You are connected directly to God and to Spirit and The Source - connected directly through the heart-chakra. You are never, but never, ever alone. And in those dark moments, in those dark times, if you simply sit down and close your eyes, be peaceful and say: "At this moment, for this day I need help just for this day. Please help me with my mind chatter. Please help me to see past the illusion of what is going on. Always, The Spirit is there for us.

Alfred:
I saw a posting to Facebook recently. One of the rare chances that we do actually do check in once in awhile and it says: "If all you have in your life is God you have everything you need." 

Hans:
Exactly.

Alfred:
And what we're trying to tell is - that's what's important. Is that you continue to live your life as a soul having human experiences. That you don't judge your life based upon how your human experience is going and then occasionally ask God: Hey, come in and help me. No, what is important during all these times is that you stay in your center, you stay connected to God, you stay connected your soul, you stay connected to your Guidance. And that is how you stay connected so that those on The Other Side - The Godforce - The Universal Energy - whatever you want to call it, can be there to help you and support you through those times. The most important question that Phyllis sent in in her topic when she wanted to know about difficult times is: How do we ask for help? How do we make sure Guidance is there for us?

Hans:
It's never not there.

Alfred:
It's never not there for us. The question is - are you disconnecting yourself from that which always is?

Hans:
And that's the key right there Alfred - is that we ourself disconnect ourself from The Source and then complain about the fact that we feel disconnected.

Alfred:
And that's really difficult because how can you turn off the stress from whatever situation...how can you turn off the mind chatter so that you're not disconnecting yourself from Spirit and so that you can hear their Guidance. Well, as I like to tell all of my students - practice, practice, practice. If you're wondering why we have you do all of these practices...

Hans:
Over and over and over and over... Because folks have you noticed that you tend to ask the same question over and over again in a different way? So what's it saying to Alfred, what it's saying to me is that you know where The Source is but you don't believe you can access it and this is what we're trying to help you with today.

Alfred:
And the other thing is if you're well practiced with being in your center, letting go of mind chatter, connecting to Spirit, connecting to your soul, connecting to your center - when there is a stressful situation in you life hopefully that practice will carry over into that stressful time. Oh no wait, I'm stressed. No I'm not supposed to go back to my humanness. Let me practice those things Hans and Alfred have been beating me over the head with for the last 3 years and say: Let go of my mind chatter. Go to my Safe Place. Go to my meditative state. Connect to the energy. Okay? Let go of the things that my mind is making up during those stressful times, during those difficult times. Isn't that right Hans?

Hans:
That is correct and you "can" folks, “absolutely” feel the power of Spirit at your back. Even if in the moment all you do is trust that God will be there for you. Spirit has your road-map. If that's all you can do at the moment, you're miles ahead. If you can learn to ask Spirit to work with you to turn off the mind chatter, that constant flow of negative lies that pushes itself at you day in and day out, year after year, disconnecting you from all the joy, all the possibilities in your life. Reminding you that you're nothing. Reminding you that you're going to be in the street. Reminding you that you can't get the rent paid. Reminding you of all these terrible things. It's time, at that point for you to turn and say: I choose from this day forward to live my truth which is I am Spirit in human form therefore, not affected by the appearance of negativity and difficulties.

Alfred:
And that's what really important is "the appearance". What makes you think anything is wrong. What makes you think it's happening to you? What makes you think you can have a judgment? What makes you think you can be angry at what's going on? What gives you the right to be angry?

Hans:
It's all perception Alfred.

Alfred:
It's all perception and that is, guess what, one of Hans' fundamental teachings - Let go of Opinion, Perception and Judgment because it's going to come back to bite you.

Hans:
And you've all heard me say this through the years - "What makes you think anything is wrong?" It is your "opinion", nothing more which is mind chatter.

Alfred:
Instead if you just take the Opinion of #1: Oh, maybe this is a lesson I should learn from. Let me surrender and ask Spirit for guidance how to deal with this instead of having a judgment something is wrong and getting angry and going into your humanness and disconnecting you from Spirit that's trying to guide you.

Hans:
When I first met Alfred...you want to see a man on a Merry-Go-Round...a chipmunk in a wheel... He was spending 3, 3 1/2 hours a day just on the freeways in Los Angeles. He was totally stressed out, driving with his knees, talking on his cellphone. He was obligated to a bank and had 120 people underneath him. He was running from one office to another trying to create this, trying to create that - doing things that he knew were not in people's best interest. And then the minute he'd get off, he had obligations to go to this party or go to that situation, and flying around the world. Could I say Alfred you were exhausted and didn't know it?

Alfred:
Quite exhausted. However I eventually found out that that experience was something that I asked for. I asked to experience that very stressful corporate human profit oriented life so that I could understand it. So that I could help people who are wanting to get out of that situation. Looking for a different option. And Hans showed me instead of believing that I was a victim of those experiences that maybe I asked for that experience. And: Oh my God, how grateful I am for the hell that I went through of banking. To be able to understand...

Hans:
Well I think it's part of that thing that Spirit teaches us that "Everything in life has a corresponding opposite". You've gone as far from that as you possible can. (Laughing) Do you ever think Alfred you would return to that environment?

Alfred:
After the first year of being spiritual, no. No. A good good friend of mine Sinell, that I met whose now back in India told me very succinctly, way...I think it was about the time I met you...way in the beginning. He said: Once you go down a spiritual path you cannot go back.

Hans:
No.

Alfred:
You can't. You just can't. And for those of you who are just starting out you'll find out why you cannot handle the human stress and the vibration. You just can't handle it anymore because you've become more peaceful, more kind, more generous. Going back to that environment... And the other thing is your lesson's over with that environment. Spirit would rip you away from it tosay: No, you're done with that experience. Time to move on.

Hans:

Then you have to go to a new venue, a new idea. So what we want you to know is that no situation, no matter how it appears, no matter when it appears, is greater than your connection to God, greater than your connection to Spirit. You are never in any circumstances alone. Folks, I get tons of emails from you beautiful people telling me all the horror stories that are going on in your life. And I sit there for each one and I pray for you. But what I would like to say to everyone is: When you're going through one of those horror stories, stop for a moment and say to yourself: No matter how this appears I know this is only affecting my humanness through my perception. It is not affecting my spiritual being. It is not affecting my spiritual growth. And Spirit has got your back always. Alrighty Alfred, I think that will conclude the lesson for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment