Saturday, February 22, 2014

“Technology and Spirituality” – by Hans Christian King Spiritual Radio Show transcription

“Technology and Spirituality” – by Hans Christian King
Spiritual Radio Show transcription

GUIDANCE FOR YOUR LIFE RADIO SHOW
with Hans Christian King www.HansKing.com
and Alfred Ricci www.AlfredRicci.com
Topic: Technology and Spirituality
February 22, 2014



Alfred:
Hello everyone and welcome to GUIDANCE FOR YOUR LIFE. This is Alfred, the Padawan Learner to the Modern Day Mystic himself - Hans Christian King - who is on the line with us. We have a very interesting topic for you this week. And to further discuss "Technology and Spirituality", I present to you Hans Christian King. 

Hans:
Welcome, welcome, welcome. Well, yes we are finally getting our act together. Getting all of our devices in order and being in one place at the same time. So things are beginning to smooth out. We thank you all for putting up with us over the last 4 weeks. A dear friend of mine, on several occasions has sent me an email and talked to me personally about looking at: “What does all this electronic hardware, and all the things that we're being wired for, what does this do for us spirituality”? Spirit is very concerned about this issue. And I have been concerned about it myself because They're concerned about it. And what they tell me is that: "We're using the electronics, for instance - our iPhone, our iPad, our computers - I can't think of any place that I've been recently where people are not on their iPhone or iPad. And I'm talking about airplanes, airports, buses, cars. I saw a couple the other day, having a beautiful lunch and they never said 10 words to each other. He was on one device and she was on another device and they were busier...and their meal sat there and got completely cold. And then the gentleman sent his back and asked why he had been served cold food. And the gentleman who was serving said: "No Sir, you weren't served cold food. You were served warm food. You allowed it to get cold". And what Spirit is trying to help us to understand is that when we say: “Try not to be of the mind”. “We don't then mean  be of the computer". So what's happening is...we're not able any longer...many people, to function without a device of some kind. And this is "not" what Spirit had intended when they worked with us to put our dharma together, to get our karma in line, and to learn our lessons. This never had anything to do with any of that. And what we're doing is loosing our ability to communicate with the Other Side because of these devices. And it is a growing concern, in the Spirit, that people are basically becoming "automatons" to a computer or a hand-held device. Dear Ones, I can't think of anywhere I go... I went with a dear friend of ours who's in town to the Beach yesterday. And I saw these families, some from Europe, some from the U.S., a family from Japan was there and every one of the children was on some kind of a device. And not just games...not just games. And I had to ask myself: "What has happened"? I saw one man try to get his son to go into the water for the snorkeling and he kept saying: "No, wait a minute, I'm talking to somebody". "No wait a minute”. “Oh, I have to call..." He was totally disconnected from the possibility of "fun". And these devices, what Spirit is concerned about, is taking away from our ability to communicate with each other. I have a client who works for a major computer company and all she does, and they pay her $300,000 or $400,000 a year, to teach the employees how to talk to each other because everything is sent by memo. We are loosing our ability to remember who we are, this baby angel in spirit form. We are loosing our ability to communicate with the Other Side, and we're loosing our identity to the computer world - the electronic world. Now, I know I sound like old sour grapes, and yes, I do have a flip phone. But I also don't put myself out there on the Internet, other than Facebook. I don't do LinkedIn, I don't Tweet, I don't Twitter, I don't do any of that stuff. I don't tell people everyday that I'm going to the market, or I'm stopping by the bank, or pardon me, I have to use the restroom so I have to get off the phone. None of that stuff. First of all it's nobody's business what you are doing. And why would you want to put your entire life out on the Internet for millions of people to see? There has to be a part of you, a spiritual part of you, that you "hold in reserve" that allows you to be "just who you are". Not what some program on the computer says you are. So it's very important for all of us to begin to sit back. And I'm going to give you some homework. I want you to all get a little pad, a little ring-binder that just flips up and the pages turn up, and every day mark down when you were on your computer. Even if it's just to check your messages. Okay? Every time you use your iPhone. I call it iPhone because I don't know the term for all of those phones, Samsung and all that. But every time that you're on one of your devices, for any reason whatsoever, I want you to write down the time. When you started and when you ended. And then at the end of the week, I want you to look. You might be very surprised how much time you are spending not doing what you could be doing - which is enjoying your life and enjoying yourself. People say: "Oh well, the computer is my life". "No, you substituted your life for the computer". 

Alfred:
Now I think that's a good lead-in Hans to taking away our spirituality and substituting it with electronic devices. There's two things that I see after being on computers for a very long time...

Hans:
Very long time...

Alfred:
Very long time. I've been in IT for 25 years and now we run pretty much your entire business and reach out to everyone around the world through computers. The first is that computers, especially those of us who got hooked on Facebook, email, communicating with other people - is that we're looking for something. Looking for something "out there". Looking for “happiness” or “acceptance”  through having more friends on Facebook. Looking for "connections", seeing what everybody is doing. Looking to see if anybody loves me. How many people have sent me emails today? Okay? It's a pretty normal thing to say: "I didn't get any emails today. Well no one must love me" or ...

Hans:
Isn't that interesting Alfred? I caught myself doing that the other day after that rush of emails that I got from all over the world wishing me Happy Birthday.

Alfred:
Yes. Wasn't that nice people did that?

Hans:
Oh my God, I was so happy. That was so nice of everybody. And you know Alfred, in my work you don't stay in touch with people most of the time. But you have these wonderful encounters with somebody, they go off into their life, and then what they were given happens, they let you know that it did, but then they get all into their life. I had emails from people that I had written 30 years ago to...30 years.

Alfred:
So I do feel that the Internet does serve a purpose. It does help us "reach out", provide your message. It's the "addiction aspect" of it is the first part I want to talk about. Is that when you become addicted, when you start looking for the high, when you start looking for the adrenaline rush that is associated with friends and contact, that really is interacting with the humanness aspect of you. That's the logic, the control, the addiction, the adrenaline. So what we're trying to tell you,  the first part that I've experienced, that "search", that "adrenaline rush", that "need to be accepted", is drawing you closer to your humanness. Those are human traits. Those are human attributes. And when you're in "your humanness", you are farther away, you are disconnecting yourself "from" Spirit, your spirituality, your soul. "No two things can be in the same place at the same time", as Hans has said 60 million times. Okay? So that's the first thing to "be aware of". So as you interact with the Internet, the first thing that we'd like you “to be aware of” is that addictive behavior - that search - are you searching for something - are you searching for acceptance - are you searching for a rush - are you searching for adrenaline - are you searching for something, whether it be friends? That's the first thing that's going to tell you: "You've gone over the edge". You're leaning too far towards your humanness. Now is it a "bad thing"? Well, it depends. It depends if you're a spiritual seeker. It depends if you're trying to interact with the Universe, live as a soul, keep your vibration high. If that's important to you, then when you hit that point that "you're searching for something out on the Internet to make yourself better, better that you already are,  you probably should take a look at that”. Okay? The second aspect that I've seen over the years, of learning under Hans, is the necessity to have quiet and down time. Our inclination as a human is: If I have some quiet time - Oh I can do something, I can do some work, I can check my email, I can search for this thing, I can go buy that thing, I can do some research about this.

Hans:
Alfred, on what you just said right there: "Let me check my email". If we can help people to understand that: "No, they don't have to check their email". It's a "choice". They “want” to check their email. It's the "have to" thing, Alfred, that's beginning to bother Spirit.

Alfred:
Yes. That's part of the first thing is: I “have” to do this. That's a human, made-up thought that I "have" to do this, I "have" to check my email, I "have" to get back to people. Again that's leaning towards your humanness. But if there's one thing I've learned from Hans is that “it is in the nothingness", “it is by "doing nothing", “it is by setting aside absolute quiet time", that you let go of your humanness as we were talking about in point number one, and you allow yourself to float, to be connected to your soul, to be connected to the Universe, to interact with the Other Side, to be "p-e-a-c-e-f-u-l". It is good to let your brain rest and say: "You know what, there is nothing I need to do. In this moment it is enough for me". Okay? And that's really the essence of the second aspect is part of the work you do in spirituality is the struggle between what your humanness tells you and what we tell you to do, what Spirit tells you to do, is humanness says "go do this", "go do that", “go do this", and spirituality says: "No. I have everything I need". Just this moment right now, to get into a higher vibration, communicate with Spirit, to be peaceful, to be restful, to be happy in the moment. That means: “not picking up a tablet”, “not picking up your email”...

Hans:
Alfred, have you noticed that when we go out...have you noticed that people will be having a conversation amongst themselves and someone's cell phone will ring and the person will take the call? Or an email reminder will come in and they will start emailing? This is in the middle of dinner, with friends.

Alfred:
Yes, and I think that's really the essence of what we're trying to say here is, to remind everyone is “what is important". Yes, it is important to interact with other human beings, absolutely. But, Hans really harps on me about this: "the need to", "the must have", "it has to be done now" - that's an illusion, that's made up by your mind.

Hans:
Yes. There's no truth to it.

Alfred:
There's no truth to whether you need to pick up that call "now", in reality probably interacting with the person in front of you is way more important than the call that's coming in...

Hans:
Alfred, there's a commercial on TV and I don't know whether you've seen it or not. Choice, to either stay home and work on her computer answering emails and that type of thing OR coming out of her house, grabbing her purse and her coat walking down a block, a block and a half, and seeing all her friends at this very nice little bar/pub-type place, all talking to each other and interacting. And the commercial is basically saying: “You have a choice. You should remember that seeing your friends, yourself, the value of yourself, the value of your friends, that's what is important”.

Alfred:
Yes. And this is what we're to remind everyone is, in the first aspect, in your search for spirituality, in your search for truth, “less humanness is better”. That means “less searching”, “more acceptance of who you are”, “more acceptance of being peaceful”, is more important. And secondly, “not filling space" every moment with: “Oh, I have a minute, let me check my email”. “Oh, I have a minute let me take”... Well, like I did this morning...let me take french fries and go feed the birds because we don't have any birdseed down here, but we have french fries, and the birds like french fries...

Hans:
And don't ask us how we happen to have french fries everybody. The reason we have french fries is because if we order some fish or a hamburger or something, they give us french fries. So we save the french fries and bring them home.

Alfred:
Now your brain would say: "Well, that's not logical. You know you could be using the time spending it on your email”...

Hans:
Sure.

Alfred:
Hence, what we're trying to tell you is: "We're the opposite of your mind chatter". Sound familiar everyone? We're telling you: "Don't believe your mind chatter”.  Instead go interact with nature. Go outside. That is more important. No, we're not saying completely shut your email down, never check your email... It's the "addictive behavior"...

Hans:
That is correct.

Alfred:
It is "not allowing for peaceful time", it is "not allowing..."

Hans:
Well, it's allotting your time isn't it Alfred, really?

Alfred:
Yes, it is. Yes, of course you need to do "human things". But have you done your spiritual homework? Have you done that inner work? Just like you allot time to check your email, have you allotted time to be peaceful? Have you allotted time to interact with your friends on a human basis - not electronically? Have you allocated time to be peaceful? Have you allocated time for your Safe Place? Have you allocated time for meditation? Have you allocated time to just feel wonderful, interact with nature?

Hans:
Well, like you did this morning. You went out and started talking, we have this big Grackle birds, and he was outside talking to the birds and saying: "Oh, I hear you. You can stop yelling so much, I'm coming". It's spending that time Alfred, that personal time with you and nature, I think is very important.

Alfred:
Um hum. Yes, and that is "practicing your spirituality". We're trying to help you "be who you are" and we're trying to help you “be less of who you are not", okay? Through the addictive behaviors, which I know quite well, we won't get into that, of searching, the adrenaline rush, the acceptance...okay? That pulls you back into who you are "not". It pulls you "away from your spirituality". Those are the two aspects that I personally have experienced. I'm sure there's some other areas and other explanations of it, but what we're saying is: "Find a balance". Yes, you can check your email. Yes, you can interact with people. Yes, you can Skype. Hans does some of his readings via Skype. But it's "did you take the time away from being human towards doing the inner work, towards your spiritual growth. Did you set aside that time”?

Hans:
Well Alfred, something else I've noticed is that sometimes people don't have an understanding of who they are and they also lack, or they perceive they have no control over anything. That's one of the reasons that the hand held devices for changing the channel were so important to men. Because they feel that in their daily life very little do they have control over. I think with computers sometimes it gives us a sense of "instant control" and "instant gratification". You ask a question, there's the answer.

Alfred:
Yes, well what is "control"? Control is "humanness". It's a lack of faith. What is spirituality? “Surrendering”. Spirituality is always the exact opposite of "humanness".

Hans:
Yes.

Alfred:
The exact opposite of "control" is "surrendering". What spiritual practice in the world does not tell you to “surrender”? ALL spiritual practices.

Hans:
They all tell you to “be peaceful”.

Alfred:
All tell you to “be peaceful”. All tell you “to surrender”. And if you're looking for that "control"...just something for you to look at.

Hans:
I think that computers Alfred, have actually cluttered the mind. Computers were supposed to de-clutter our life, make our life simpler. That was not the case as everyone now knows. But finding a time for your computer, not taking your iPhone to dinner, it's not necessary unless you have children of course. But learning not to answer your phone at breakfast, lunch and dinner. Spending time with the family, quality time with friends, quality time with yourself so that you don't constantly have to be entertained 24/7. Entertain yourself, you turn the music on right away, you turn the computer on right away, you put the coffee-maker on right away... You turn on the things that desensitize you from just being you. And then you wake up and say: Oh my God, I've got to do this”. “I've got to do that”. And Alfred, you do that sometimes. And I do that sometimes. Have you noticed?

Alfred:
Yes. Well, we're all still in human-form and...

Hans:
Yes, we are.

Alfred:
...as we like to remind all of our clients as much as possible, you're never going to be perfect. You're always going to have...

Hans:
You don't want to be perfect.

Alfred:
...until you let go of the human body and go back to the Other Side, there's always going to be bumps. There's always going to be, oh what's the term?

Hans:
Human frailties?

Alfred:
Yes. That's a good one. Not "sucked in". Sucked in towards something that was attempted. Yes, I'm thinking of Adam and Eve somewhere...

Hans:
Tempted...

Alfred:
You're always going to be "tempted" as long as you have a connection to a human body, there will be temptation. It is through soul's growth that you overcome "temptation". You overcome "addiction". Sound familiar everyone?

Hans:
I go outside before my work every day. And I just go for a short walk through the complex. And there are bougainvillaea, and different kinds of flowers growing, and I'm developing a relationship with a plant outside my kitchen window which is a big Monstera plant, a big tropical plant, and it has a new flower on it and it's hidden in amongst the leaves and I tell it how pretty it is... Going out and being in nature, if I pick a Hibiscus to bring into the house, I thank the plant for the Hibiscus. Getting out of the electronic mindset that we are being programmed to.  I know it sounds wonderful kids when Apple or Hewlett Packard or Dell donates all these thousands of computers to underprivileged children. That sounds wonderful. But are we also downloading to those children "the uniqueness of who they are" or "they could be somebody with a computer?" Interesting question, Alfred.

Alfred:
It is. And I was actually looking at Member Questions, trying to get that organized... So I missed what you said, sorry... (laughing)

Hans:
See folks, that's why you love us. What you see is what you get.

Alfred:
Yes, it is. I'm trying to...

Hans:
What I was saying Alfred is these wonderful companies that donate all of these computers to underprivileged children. It's a wonderful concept, a beautiful idea. But what they're really saying is: "Someday you can be somebody because of this device". Rather than saying: "You already are somebody, but you might have fun doing things with this device".

Alfred:
Well, if I may quote you Hans...

Hans:
Oh.

Alfred:
"Everything in moderation".

Hans:
“Everything in moderation”.

Alfred:
And that's the trick here. Even Buddha knew "it's the middle path"...

Hans:
That's right.

Alfred:
When Buddha started out, he realized that over-eating was bad. So he went to the other extreme - one grain of rice a day. And then he realized the lesson of the "middle path" is just like tuning a violin or a guitar. It can be flat, it can be sharp. But what's "the middle path"? Where’s the path of "moderation"? Granted that's a very long subject in itself. But it's saying: "Yes, you can do these things. Yes, you will have faults. Yes, you will be as a human." But are you going overboard? Are you becoming addictive? Are you looking for that adrenaline rush? Are you looking for things? Are you going too far? That's what we're asking you to be aware of.

Hans:
Exactly. Are you going too far? And so, in the morning, rather than immediately having an electronic device to turn on... Now I'm not saying to you folks "don't turn on the coffee maker or the tea machine". I'm not saying that to you. Because you don't "engage" those things. I'm talking about the things that you "engage". The things that take you "out of yourself" and into the electronic highway. It doesn't matter that you didn't answer your mother's phone call. It doesn't matter whether Mary Jane's husband yelled at her. What matters is: "Can you bring yourself in any given day to a peaceful place without an electronic device?" Because if you can't, the world is in for very serious problems as time goes by. I think what we need to do is we need to find a place inside of each one of us that allows us to open as many doors for ourself as we can without using electronic devices. That's what I think. What do you think?

Alfred:
I think it's just to "be aware". In the teachings that I have with my students, my main focus is for them to be aware of their vibration. Whether their vibration is of humanness or whether their vibration is of Spirit. And if for some reason they notice their vibration is too much, is heavy, is weighty, is a human vibration - is to be aware that whatever they're doing, at that moment, is separating them from who they truly are and separating them from Spirit. And whatever that is, they need to do "less of it". Now, that's not to say, if you're in a spiritual state, you're in a creation state, you're doing automatic writing, you're doing channeling, you're typing on the  computer. Fine, you're keeping a spiritual vibration. It is those times, those actions, those thoughts, that bring you into a human vibration that I suggest you "be aware of". It is because when you're of that human vibration, you can track down "Okay, what it is that I did? What is it that I'm doing that's taking me into that vibration that I no longer desire in my life”?

Hans:
Yes. I think it's reorganizing "important" - spiritual vibration within ourself. It's getting back to our principle.

Alfred:
Yes, exactly. If you're listening to this Show, you're spiritual journey should be important to you. 

Hans:
Absolutely. You know Alfred had gotten really righteous on all of this, but I remember when I used to say to him: "Turn the computer off". And the fighting that would go on because I would say: "Turn the computer off". Because he suffers from, like all of us, a slight addictive behavioral issue. When you get into that stuff, it's like saying "put down that cigarette", "put down that drink", so I'm saying "put down the computer".

Alfred:
It is. It is an addictive behavior.

Hans:
And there's a fear from being told that. Have you noticed Alfred?

Alfred:
Yes. It is an addiction. And again, that's a human aspect and that's something to overcome. Just like any other type of addiction. It's: "What is the middle path"? "What is the moderation path"? And I found that completely stopping something cold turkey, such as never taking a drink, is a difficult path. It really is.

Hans:
But you did it.

Alfred:
Yes. But I found a "moderated path". My moderated path is, I allow myself one beer a day.

Hans:
Which you never do.

Alfred:
Which I never even finish my one beer.

Hans:
You never have a beer a day. It doesn't matter whether you finish it...

Alfred:
Yes. I allow myself to have a beer, because I like the taste of beer, but as soon as I even touch on that buzz of alcohol, I stop. And that's the same thing we're asking you to take a look at, everyone else who's listening is: “You can do your email, you can surf the web, but once you feel that lower humanness vibration, once you feel that addictive behavior, once you feel you are searching, we ask you to instead, stop and go spend some quiet time. Go in the other direction. Go reconnect to Spirit, reconnect to nature”. Okay? So there is a way to use the computer, interact with people, in a spiritual way. Just "be aware" of your vibration. Are you doing it as a "soul" or is it dragging you down into your "humanness" away from where we're trying to lead you towards. Towards your spiritual path.

Hans:
It's important folks, for everyone to remember - you're not doing anything "wrong".

Alfred:
No.

Hans:
What we're trying to get you to understand is you may be actually limiting your ability to operate as “a spirit in human form". This is our concern. This is the concern of the Spirit. So don't spank yourself and holler at yourself because you're doing something wrong. No, no, no, no, no. You've been programmed folks. We've all been programmed. I watch Alfred - every time there's a new iPhone off he goes to get a new iPhone. It doesn't cost him anything because he's got some magic that he does...and Apple says: No, you can have this, you can have that”. It's very strange. But there's no need for the new iPhone. The mind says there's a need for the new iPhone, but there really isn't. There's no need... As Spirit once said to me: "Hans, just how fast do you folks need those computers to be”? Remember folks, on the TV...and this one is faster...and faster? You noticed one day that they stopped that. They no longer said "things are faster" because they got to a level where they couldn't make them faster. And that's what I'm trying to say to you. We're being programmed...we're being programmed. We're being programmed into a society that says: "Your worth now can be found on your devices". And Alfred I think that's pretty scary.

Alfred:
Exactly. And here's a good example of what you were talking about recently is:  “You're searching for something”. What we try to tell you in spirituality is: "If you're searching for something, connect spiritually, connect to your Guidance, connect to those souls who love you - your family in Spirit. Let them guide you. Let them show you that which you are seeking”. Okay? Everyone of us, I believe, has a desire to "seek" for "something". And there's two ways. “You can seek it with your humanness” or “you can seek it through spirituality”. We say: "Find it through spiritual search. Find it by going "within", by connecting to your soul, by connecting to the Universe. If you find that - "I feel like searching for something" and you're searching out on the Internet, you're disconnecting yourself from truth, you're disconnecting yourself from your Guidance, you're disconnecting yourself from who you really are". And "searching", I don't want to say in the "wrong direction", we would just say in a direction that is probably not going to lead to what you're looking for.

Hans:
Right. Exactly. And Alfred, where I watch people tend to "disappear"...have you ever noticed that when you're working on the computer Alfred how fast the time goes?

Alfred:
Um hmm. Oh, it floats by.

Hans:
But those are precious moments when you could be feeding the birds. Those are precious moments when you could go for a walk. Now I know everyone out there may be saying: "Hansy, you're too dog-gone simplistic". But remember folks, what Spirit has always taught me - and that truth is simplicity itself. "That nothing you're creating do you keep. Only your contact with your Angels, only your divine purpose, and your divine self. That is all you will leave here with. Nothing else". So everything else you'd become addended to that, not spirituality Alfred, becoming an addendum to modern day electronics.

Alfred:
Yes.

Hans:

Okay? So I hope everyone, that that sort of answered some of the questions. I know my dear friend in Los Angeles, Mr. D... This show was done for you because you are right, we need to look at these things. Now, Mr. D., what I want you to do is send us an email...this man is a technical expert...so send us an email about any questions you may have on this subject. 

No comments:

Post a Comment